Queer Life Drawing & Conversations is run by artist, Miles Coote with a FREE event for participants to draw, pose and think about QUEER bod(ies) in relation to nudity on the internet.
In the sessions participants that attend the events are encouraged to share, discuss and sell their drawings through this social network and online gallery.
All profits are shared between life models, artwork creators and the host in order to continue the events. You can support the social aims of the project by purchasing artwork through the gallery, joining in the conversation and attending the events. I am also grateful for donations as currently this project is not funded.
- The Pride Project / Paul Smith / MindOUTThe exhibition will be open at Paul Smith Beak Street from 30June – 28 August 2023. “This year, to mark Pride 2023, we’ve worked with four incredible artists – Fiona Quadri, Megan Elliott, Queen Josephine, and Miles Coote – to create original pieces for a special exhibition at our Beak Street shop in London’s Soho … Read more
- Trans Pride Hastings and BexhillQueer Life Drawing Conversation with artist and model Cazimi in celebration of Trans Pride Hastings and Bexhill Saturday 22 July, 4 – 5.30 pm at the De La Warr Pavillion, Bexhill on Sea Life drawing and conversations led by artist Miles Coote. This session will celebrate Trans Pride with model and artist Cazimi, also known … Read more
- Queeriosities Art + Makers FairMuseum of the Home Explore our Queeriosities art and makers fair led by LGBTQ+ creatives and businesses, including a panel discussion on queer domestic making and style. On Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 May 2023, Museum of the Home hosted a Queeriosities art & makers fair led by LGBTQ+ creatives and businesses exploring visions and representations of … Read more
- Queer Life Drawing Conversation at the De La Warr PavillionQueer Life Drawing events at the De La Warr Pavillion: Saturday 25 March 2023 –Saturday 13 May 2023 Please note: These events are for ages 18+ Queer life drawing and conversations at the De La Warr Pavillion led by artist Miles Coote. Three sessions focusing on three different themes with different sitters; Horticulture, the environment and … Read more
- InternationalWomen’s Day 2023Queer Life Drawing Conversation hosted by LGBT Foundation: Tuesday, 7th March 2023, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT, Online A Queer Life Drawing Conversation led online on Zoom by Miles Coote and Lucie Russell, hosted by LGBT Foundation’s Sexual Health Team with a life model. The theme of this session will focus on women’s sexual health awareness in … Read more
Organiser of the Queer Art Boot Fair Peckham Queer Art Boot Fair Bellenden Road and Choumert Market Sunday August 29, 2021 12 - 3 PM MOCA London and The Queer Life Drawing Conversation (Miles Coote) would like to invite you to join us for the first ever Peckham Queer Art Boot Fair. Over 50 artists from the LGBTQ+ community and their allies will be showing works of art on Bellenden and Choumert Roads in the heart of Peckham. The event is free for all to come along and look, join in the free life drawing events and purchase wonderful works (such as prints, drawings, sculptures, photos, ceramics and clothing design) from amazing contemporary artists. Wander down Bellenden Road and pop into the many shops who are participating, many hosting an artist, and then attend the main area of the boot fair in the traditional Southwark market street - Choumert Road. The fair will open to the public at 12 noon for 3 hours so it is not a long day. Many of the local shops participating are also planning wonderful surprises too! We will have friendly volunteers in MOCA branded rainbow shirts to guide you. Lockdown and arts funding cuts have made us aware that many Queer archives may be lost, so the event is another way of sharing Queer Art/objects in the public space, where they may be seen, archived and discussed with local communities. The Queer LDC and Drawing People Together (Lucie Russell) will run a pop up drawing event on Choumert Road and we would love people to bring along any Queer objects they would like to share or have drawn on the day. The event will also feature artists from the Peckham Levels studios. Local Partners: Frost furniture, ECAD Gallery, Stuart Ross hair studios, Review Book store, Miss Tapas restaurant, Boff’s Bagels, The Odds Cafe
Day With(out) Art 2020: TRANSMISSIONS
Queer Life Drawing is proud to partner with Visual AIDS for Day With(out) Art 2020 by presenting TRANSMISSIONS, a program of six new videos considering the impact of HIV and AIDS beyond the United States. The video program brings together artists working across the world: Jorge Bordello (Mexico), Gevi Dimitrakopoulou (Greece), Las Indetectables (Chile), George Stanley Nsamba (Uganda), Lucía Egaña Rojas (Chile/Spain), and Charan Singh (India/UK).