QueerLDC is excited to be curated in the show!
Drawing People Together invites you to “Make an Exhibition of Yourself” – a series of affordable and accessible events that explore representing people.
Experiment with diverse creative experiences and materials;
- Draw and/or be drawn at a wide range of life drawing events (models with and without clothing)*
- Make a zine, collage with fabric, create a recipe of yourself on canvas
- Wear yourself out (represent yourself on a tote) – Take a nail art masterclass
- Send yourself to a loved one (on a postcard)
- And immerse yourself in innovative local fashion and film
Everybody is welcome, all abilities. We provide the materials… you provide the talent!
Have serious fun taking part, display your work in the gallery, and go home with a new (or even nude?!) experience, and perhaps a masterpiece!
See @drawing.people.together for details of individual events and prices.
Please note that although some events welcome all ages, for all life drawing, attendees must be over the age of 18.
Life Drawing Cafe Event Description:
A social event and durational performance workshop inviting you to collaborate in the imagining of a life drawing cafe co-op
A durational performance workshop exploring the hybridity of life drawing and cafes. This event is inspired by Queer life drawing conversations and Jurgen Habermas’s writings on coffee houses and the public sphere.
Miles will host the event You are welcome to draw and/or take part posing and workshopping a live art performance. Six sheets of A2 Paper and drawing materials will be provided, with an extra cost for additional paper. Participants may bring their own materials, props and garments (suitable for life drawing).